Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

'Freaky Friday 2' Is Happening, And We Have A Feeling It's Gonna Be Real Good



We're getting closer and closer to the Freaky Friday sequel. The cat's totally out of the bag that the sequel treatment is confirmed and actually happening, and movie stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan have been increasingly vocal about the plot's return.

The dynamic duo is expected to return to their characters as Tess and Anna, the mother and daughter that wake up one Friday in swapped bodies. The rest of the sequel's storyline awaits, but here's everything we know about Freaky Friday 2 so far.



jamie lee curtis in Everything Everywhere All At Once

Curtis — coming off last year’s cinematic hits, Everything Everywhere All At Once and Halloween Ends — still retains a strong bond with Lohan, and hasn’t exactly been shy about her excitement towards circling back to Freaky Friday. Landing the original role and moving through production was undoubtedly significant to the actress: she cites her own success with Tess after taking on the job at the last minute, despite being booked and busy elsewhere.

“Had I had all the time in the world to prepare, I don’t think it would’ve been so good,” Curtis told the New York Times. “I just had to be in my body. I was also newly sober and I was able to have a community within the movie-work world. That was a big deal for me.”


Curtis just recently shared an adorable Instagram selfie with Lohan, teasing the upcoming project. Now that the writers' and actors' strikes are over, project promotion is slowly returning to light.

"Too late. YOU GREW UP and SO BEAUTIFULLY!" the caption reads. "Well, it's Friday, and the strike is over so hopefully, we can switch places again in the near future!" She also tagged Lohan and Disney, which teased the iconic ‘03 comedy in a fun way.


Lohan told the New York Times that she was ready and raring to tackle 2003’s Freaky Friday back in the day after rocking a dual-role in The Parent Trap [1998].

“I threw myself into everything: accents, green screens, playing two people,” said Lohan. “So I felt comfortable after that. Freaky Friday felt different because I was going through all of the phases of a 16-year-old [but playing a character who was a year younger]. This was the era of Avril Lavigne and punk, and I wanted to experience it. We did white stripes in my hair.”

The fame Lohan endured at a young age didn’t always leave a positive effect, and it’s been a hot second since we’ve seen her fully emerge back into the spotlight. The star’s been busy since – she moved to Dubai, manages her overseas businesses, got married, and recently welcomed motherhood. After all that, Lohan remains eager to act again – potentially in a second Freaky Friday.

“Jamie and I are both open to that, so we’re leaving it in the hands that be,” Lohan told NYT. “We would only make something that people would absolutely adore.”

It sounds like Curtis is ready, too.

"As I went around the world with Halloween Ends, people wanted to know if there was going to be another “Freaky Friday.” Something really touched a chord. When I came back, I called my friends at Disney and said, “It feels like there’s a movie to be made.”

Who's writing "Freaky Friday 2"?


Elyse Hollander is writing the sequel for Freaky Friday.

Sign up for our newsletter for more entertainment news!

Header image via Disney / IMDB.

This post has been updated.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires